Tingling and stinging is relatively common when you first begin using your treatment. It simply means that your skin is reacting to the ingredients in your formula. This tingling and stinging should fade within fifteen minutes or so after applying your treatment, but there are a few things our doctors recommend for you to help lessen it in the meantime:
- 🥪 Use the ‘Sandwich Technique’ Apply a moisturiser 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after applying the Software formula
- 📈 Introduce your formula to your skin slowly & listen to your skin We recommend starting with a thin layer, every 3-4 days. If your skin is irritated then drop back to every 7 days to give your skin a break, before slowly increasing again.
- 🌙 Trial “short-contact” therapy Apply the Software treatment at night, and use a gentle cleanser to wash it off after an hour. ****This allows your skin to adjust to the treatment & helps reduce the incidence of redness, irritation, stinging and tingling.
- ⛔️ Avoid applying your treatment to the areas around nose, eyes and mouth We recommend placing a barrier ointment (such as Vaseline) on those areas before your treatment if you are more prone to peeling in sensitive areas.
- 💁♀️ Nourish your skin barrier Applying a nourishing and healing cream helps to prevent and improve peeling such as our Ceramide Repair Balm
- ❌ Avoid active ingredients when first starting treatment Read more about it here!
If your treatment progress symptoms persist despite these tips, please submit a request through the link in the top right hand corner and our medical support team will be in touch shortly.