Skin flaking and peeling can look a little alarming, but it’s nothing to be worried about. This is common, particularly with treatments containing retinoids. It means that your skin cells are shedding faster than normal, and all of the dry old layers of skin are being shed to make way for new, fresher ones. You can expect peeling and flaking to decrease after a month or two, but in the meantime there are a few things you can do to help lessen this effect:
- 🥪 Use the ‘Sandwich Technique’ Apply a moisturiser 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after applying the Software formula
- 🧤 Use a face cloth to gently scrub off any dead or peeling skin After washing your face, gently move a soft washcloth in small circles to remove dead skin cells and dry your face. This method is only recommended for normal skin types!
- 📈 Introduce your formula to your skin slowly We recommend starting with a thin layer, every 3-4 days.
- ⛔️ Avoid applying your treatment to the areas around nose, eyes and mouth We recommend placing a barrier ointment (such as Vaseline) on those areas before your treatment if you are more prone to peeling in sensitive areas.
- Nourish your skin barrier Applying a nourishing and healing cream helps to prevent and improve peeling such as our Ceramide Repair Balm.
However, if there is pain or irritation alongside the flaking and peeling skin, please submit a request through the link in the top right hand corner and our team will be in touch shortly after that.